Tuesday 10 March 2009

Calzaghe says no to Golden boy

Joe Calzaghe has writen off claims that he is to come out of retirement for a rematch with Bernard Hopkins.

Golden Boy chief executive Richard Schaefer said negotiations had begun for Calzaghe to fight Hopkins in Cardiff. But Calzaghe said: "I don't know if anyone remembers, but I have retired. I am happy with my decision to retire and couldn't consider fighting Bernard as I don't have the motivation. I have beaten Bernard Hopkins once, it wasn't a great fight and styles make fights and he came to hold and to spoil, rather than to execute as his nickname suggests. But I've said it once and I am happy to do so again, don't bet on a Joe Calzaghe comeback."

So is it really definatly the end for Calzaghe or could he be tempted out of retirement for a big money/named fight, there is a few options out there maybe Dawson or Froch could tempt him but one things for sure at this moment in time it wont be Bhop.

shame lol

No comments:

Post a Comment